Sunday, October 18, 2009

THE AVIATOR 13/365


"Wow...it's pretty amazing up here - and flying through these cotton balls is a lot easier than I thought it would be! They're not as solid as they seem.

Uh oh, that train is going to hit that car....HEY...WATCH OUT! Whew...that was close. It's a good thing I'm up here watching out for all this stuff. No telling what would happen if I didn't have this bird's eye view."

My Reflection:

Assumptions will get me every time. I'll think for sure that I have something figured out and what I thought was as dense as a cotton ball turns out to be as airy as a cloud.

I also get tripped up on bird's eye views. Based on what I see at a distance, I think I know what will happen like that train and car collision and then as The Aviator did, I'll try and sound the alarm. I've learned, however, that life isn't meant to be played in the air. It's meant to be experienced on the ground where I can't always see the big picture, know where I'm going or what calamity might be ahead. So, why am I tempted to put those glasses on time and time again and head for the sky? I guess it's just so much easier up there where I "think" I can see.

Question:
Where do you like to hang out?

No comments: