Tuesday, October 27, 2009

THE DOUBTER - 22/365

"Oh boy, wasting time again eh?...

Figures...

So, where are these "hair-brained" ideas going anyway?...

NOWHERE...that's where. But, if you want to waste your time on something that has no relevance, no value, no potential... that's your business...

All I have to do is sit back and watch your life take one meaningless turn after another and listen to you whine about it when you reach another dead end...

On the other hand, if I'm going to keep my sanity, I'd be smart to invest in a blindfold and some ear-plugs."

My Reflection:

Doubt is a very powerful and sometimes negative force. It doesn't just barge into my consciousness but rather creeps and crawls in like dry ice in a stage play. There's just a hint of it in the beginning and then before I know it the entire scene is in a fog leaving me disoriented and unsure of where I am.

Sometimes it renders me motionless - unable to think clearly let alone do anything. My mind screams, "ABORT MISSION, ABORT MISSION - BAD IDEA - BAD IDEA." So, sometimes I abort the mission and while it's true, I no longer feel in a fog - I also feel a since of loss - a loss for something unknown but potentially important.

Perhaps the key is to feel the fog but to stay in the scene - to keep moving forward until I've completed the mission or the play. The gift from the experience could be immediate, years later or remain a mystery. But, one thing I've learned is that finishing sometimes requires faith and the knowledge that not everything can be explained but that every experience is of value.

Question:
What are your doubts?

No comments: