Sunday, December 20, 2009

THE DOODAD'ER- 76/365

"So, what do you think of my doodads -aren't they special? I wore them just for you - that way you'd HAVE to notice me.

No excuses now...like, "OH, I had no idea you were even in the room" because these doodads scream for attention.

HELLO...I'M IN THE ROOM WITH MY DOODADS...LOOK AT ME!"

My Reflection:

Some people need more attention than others - at times I think I straddle the fence on that issue. Sometimes I feel a need for it, like a plant sucking up water when it's dry. Other times, I want to close my eyes as if doing so would allow me to bask in the words without exposing my embarrassment.

Either way, I'm learning to think that "attention" is simply a "word gift" - one that is meant to be appreciated and passed on.

Question:
What kind of "attention" do you give and receive?

No comments: