Saturday, December 12, 2009

THE FANCY FACE - 68/365

"I adorn myself to cover up the imperfections -

to take the eye elsewhere so it will not see...

the ugliness that lurks below the surface

the parts I hide and do not wish to be."

My Reflection:

There's an inner glow that emerges when stress is released and a sense of peace is achieved. Tension, on the other hand, leaves my shoulders raised, my face tight and my inner light extinguished.

Like Fancy Face, I sometimes try and cover up my inner turmoil with more make-up or a new dress - hoping that the latter will turn on that inner glow. Instead, I feel I'm standing in shadow as I learn that the intangible, inner landscape is as important as the outer physical presentation. It takes one to achieve the other.

Question:
How is your inner turmoil concealed?

No comments: