Saturday, January 23, 2010

THE FAKER - 110/365

"I'm not faking I'm just pretending...there's a difference. If I was "faking", the truth would be something other than what I'm portraying but "pretending" means I'm just making up my own truth - that way I get to change it if I want to and "pretend" something else."

My Reflection:

I'm amazed how easy it can be to shift my reality depending on what I believe to be true. The key word is "believe" because without belief I'm either faking or pretending or hoping or wishing which means I haven't yet convinced myself. Is "faking it" kind of like trying on the new reality until it really IS reality? Or...is it just a disingenuous way of presenting myself to the world?

I don't have the answer to these questions but I do know that when I "fake it" to cover up what I believe versus what I intend my belief to be in the future, I end up burying the belief deeper into my consciousness.

Perhaps in order to change my belief I must simply hold what is "true" for today, while taking actions that will create a different one for tomorrow.

Question:
How do you change your reality?

No comments: