Friday, October 30, 2009

THE DAY DREAMER - 25/365



"Can't you see I'm busy? I don't have time to do anything right now - you'll just have to wait. And please don't talk either because you're interrupting my story. What you mean..."what story?" The one that's going on in my head. It's a really good one too - I'm getting everything I want... fame, fortune, time and lots of friends.
I told you...I can't help you out right now...I'M BUSY. Ask one of your other friends...I'm sure they have nothing better to do."

My Reflection:

Life would be a lot easier if I could just live inside my head - if I could create a world where I was always organized - I never had to look at the clock and my hair looked exactly the way I wanted it to. That way, I wouldn't have to spend hours "trying" to get organized - I would BE organized and I wouldn't have to worry about having enough time to do the things I want to do - I'd have that and then some. I won't get into the hair thing.

But the truth is, day dreaming is no more than "wishful thinking" and the more time I spend "wishing" something were true the less likely it will ever become a reality. Maybe if I envision what I want with open eyes, I'll be in a better position to actually make it happen.

Question:
What do you "dream" about?

No comments: