Wednesday, November 4, 2009

THE APPARITION 30/365


"HEY...YOU...over here. I'm over here. Can't you see me - can't you hear me? I'm aware of you, why aren't you aware of me? It's really annoying you know - I feel like you don't really want to see me - WHY IS THAT? Too much trouble? Can't look in this direction once in a while? Are you afraid of me or something?

I don't want to be intimidating - I keep my distance, try to "blend in" and not be too overbearing. But unless I stand on my head or make a fuss - you just ignore me.

Okay, if you need lots of "drama" I guess I'm not the one for you. So, if that's the way you want it...I'll just fade into the woodwork - I guess I know when I'm not wanted."

My Reflection:

I often wonder how many shy, unassuming people I end up ignoring? I've been fortunate not to have felt ignored too often in my life but the few times I have, it's not been a very pleasant feeling.

Don't we all have something to offer? I think I'm a little socially lazy and tend to lean toward the most extroverted in the room. True, I don't have to work as hard but is it possible that the one who might be the most interesting is the one who requires a little more effort to draw out?

What if I thought that every encounter is gift waiting to be opened and the most valuable one is the one that is intricately wrapped and requires a little more finesse?

Question:
How many gifts do you let fade into the woodwork?



No comments: