Wednesday, November 18, 2009

THE HERSHEY KISSER - 44/365

"I'm not one for showering affection on others - a little peck on the cheek or an "air smooch" is about as far as I'm willing to go. What's with all the "touchy/feely" stuff anyway? What's wrong with a wave of the hand or a nod of the head? Not good enough? Do we have to make contact in order show people we care? Well...I'm done with all of the physical stuff...especially with the swine flu situation. I'm starting a new fad...how do you like my "hershey hat?" One look and consider yourself kissed."


My Reflection:


Sometimes I want to move in close and sometimes I need my distance. Can't a smile (as long as it's genuine) be enough? Some people are really good huggers and others just hug heads - from the shoulders down they're about ten feet apart.


And then there's the question about hugging strangers - people you meet for the first time. Sometimes I get the urge to hug someone and then I feel kind of embarrassed because I don't really know them but I've just made physical contact with them.


I think it would be easier if we all had some kind of tattoo that identified our physical contact tolerance - like a blue ice cube for a cold fish, a warm sun for a contact giver/receiver and a red hot poker for...well..you know.


Question:
What's your tolerance for contact?

No comments: