Thursday, December 3, 2009

THE PRETENDER - 59/365

"I'll just close my eyes and pretend I didn't see that. If I pretend like I didn't see you do that, then maybe I won't have to respond to it and the situation will just go away.

NO...NO...NO...don't do it AGAIN! If you keep doing that, I'm not going to be able to pretend like you didn't... and then what will I do?"

My Reflection:

Pretending certain things don't bother me or that they never occurred, NEVER works. Like a pink elephant walking into the room, the situation screams to be acknowledged. When I fail to do so, not only does it not go away, but the elephant seems to get larger and larger until there's no room for anything else.

Perhaps situations and feelings, like people, simply need some attention. Once they've been acknowledged, the need to "act out" in order to get noticed, will no longer be necessary.

Question:

How willing are you to confront a situation?

No comments: