Wednesday, January 6, 2010

THE SHY GUY - 93/365


"I'm going to hang out here for a while until I think it's safe - once I think it's safe enough I might put my big toe in to test it out - if it passes the "toe-test" then I might wade in..........I said MIGHT."

My Reflection:

I'm always looking for ways to increase the size of my comfort zone which I have to admit isn't very big. I've learned over the years that if I'm going to give something a try I have to dive into the water...no "toe-testing" for me - that only ends up scaring me to death.

It's usually the fear of failure that keeps me in my zone of comfort. So, I have to ask myself questions like..."what's the worst that can happen...or do you think you'll die if this doesn't work out?" Die of embarrassment maybe but isn't that what getting out of my comfort zone is all about? To feel less than perfect - to feel uncomfortable - to feel embarrassed ....and to DO IT ANYWAY.

Perhaps my comfort zone expands to the degree I am willing to feel "human."

Question:
How do you push beyond your comfort zone?

No comments: