Thursday, July 30, 2015





Work on this piece has not been very consistent as I've had lots of other irons in the fire.  I keep her on my work table and every once in a while I sew a bead or two in place and play with the Shibori ribbon.  I love the way it looks like it's flying in the wind....so much so that I'm having a hard time sewing it in place!  I don't think she will be a brooch but rather a piece of wall art.  I'm kind of sad that I cut the ultra suede so small around her face as I'm thinking this may want to be a larger piece.  Hmmmm....I'm curious to see where this goes!

I've been slowly transitioning from the wearable art brooches to other art forms these past few months. I have no idea where it all will lead but have decided that it's time to start documenting the process. It may seem random ....clay face bowls....drawings from a class I'm taking....beaded pieces of jewelry or wall art but I have a feeling it will eventually all come together.  And if not, I'll have fun along the way!




No comments: