Sunday, October 11, 2009

THE DISBELIEVER - 6/365





You can wear all the perfume you want but you can’t cover up that smell. No-sir’ee, this nose will sniff it out, figure it out and point it out too. I have no idea what it’s all about. What do you think I am anyway, a private investigator? Besides, that’s not my job - my job is to use this appendage to take a whiff and give my opinion...no more, no less.



My Reflection:


When I sense someone’s trying to overlay the facts with something other than the truth I rarely challenge them. Instead, I extract the idea and hold on to it - kind of like taking an item off of the shelf and adding it to my grocery cart at the super market. Then, at some point in the conversation when the basket starts to over flow, I find myself “checking out.” I’m no longer hearing the words they are saying but rather focusing on the ones I’ve collected in the cart. Why is it so hard to follow my instincts and challenge the discrepancy in the first place? Perhaps it’s easier to just make up my own story but what does that accomplish?


Question:

What do you do with tidbits of information that don’t add up?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have to question people and ask. Many times people don't even know they are giving the tid bits that don't match up to their intentions. This gives people the opportunity to tell you..."yeah that's right I need to explain myself better" or "no you're wrong this is what I meant to say." I also think it depends on who you are talking to. I'm not always willing to be real with everyone. Then I may be judged and the postulator may come out. xoxo