Monday, October 12, 2009

THE BONE COLLECTOR - 7/365



Hey, what do you want from me? I get bored, that’s all. When I want something, I want it and I want it bad. Nothin’ stops me - I’m like a dog diggin’ up a bone - I know it’s down there and I’m gonna get it. It’s not personal or nothin’ -- just the way I am. Sure, I chew on it a while, but then my nose starts sniffin’ out another bone and the bone I’m workin’ on just doesn’t taste too good anymore. The only way I’ll get interested in that bone again is if someone else wants it -- then it starts to smell good all over again.


My Reflection:


Have you ever wanted something so much that it’s all you can think about?


You feel like you just have to have it, you see yourself with it - how your going to use it or wear it or be with it and just know that it’s meant to be yours. So, we save our money or pull out our charge cards or start calling that person and before you know it, it’s ours. But it’s never what we expected - never quite what we thought it might be. I’m starting to think that the best things in life are the things that happen without expectation, without need, without the “want” behind it. An unexpected gift.


Question:

Are there things you can’t live without? Or, what unexpected gifts have you received?

No comments: