Saturday, October 10, 2009

THE DECIDER - 5/365



"Gee, I don't know. There are so many choices here. So many fun things to do that I just can't decide. Hmm.....okay, I think I'll do this. NO WAIT...maybe this. Yes, this looks like the right thing. I can't wait to.....to.....hmm....I don't know. Now THAT looks REALLY interesting! THAT could be it - maybe it IS it! I'm sure of it. Wait..........."


My Reflection:

Have you ever had an idea or maybe an opportunity and thought, "this is what I've been waiting for - this is the very thing that's going to fulfill me. If I can just do this, I know that I'll be happy - it's what I am meant to do." This has happened to me more times than I care to admit. After the initial stage of euphoria, I'm suddenly distracted by other really amazing ideas. In fact, I think that's where ideas come from - each other. They multiply like little jack rabbits and before you know it, they're all over the place. Or, maybe what I'm really experiencing is the overwhelming task of bringing them into reality. So much so, that I become conveniently distracted by bigger and better possibilities. Sometimes, I'm not sure what is worse - feeling stuck with no ideas or getting stuck with too many.

Question:
Where do you stand?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh decisions decisions decisions...I can be so indecisive at times. Should I do this or that or that or this. Many times making decisions can come across as serious paranoia for me and stress. That's when the alter egos of your othe heads come into play. If u make this decision what will people think and if I do that am I avoiding g something. Then heaven for bid I make a decision and unintentionally end up avoiding something important. Then I can be so hard on myself. Rian the attacker comes out to play and she is relentless. Today my decisions involve how much homework can I do without spending my whole dy doing it and maybe I should have done some yesterday to avoid the constant bantering of egoic personalities talking back and forth in my head. Maybe I'll just avoid all of it and take a nap! Just kidding that would really be a bad decision. Which makes me wonder if there are such things as good decisions or bad decisions or is life really just about stomaching all that we decide with a loving perception o ourselves regardless of the labels we put on things????