Wednesday, December 23, 2009

THE FACE READER - 79/365













"What's the matter you look frightened? Do you want to talk about it? Is there anything I can do to help?

What do you mean you're just reacting to the look on MY face - I'm just concerned about the look on YOURS."

My Reflection:

I wonder how many times I've mis-read someone's facial expression?

I think they're bored but they're sad, I think they're angry but they're scared, I think they're happy but they're hurt. So, why not "ask" instead of assuming I know the answer simply by the look on their face?

What if a "mis-read" face could be a missed opportunity to build a stronger bond and a closer relationship? Wouldn't that be worth taking the time to check my assumption for accuracy?

Question:
What do you do when an expression "speaks" to you?

No comments: