Thursday, January 7, 2010

THE MINIMIZER - 94/365


"Ohhhhhh...I'm FINE...really I am...no need to worry about me...no need at all. Yes, it's true I may never walk again but I'm feeling much better and I'm sure that any day now the little toes growing on the bottom of my feet are going to just fall off and I'll be as good as new."

My Reflection:

Sometimes I like to think that something will just go away if I pretend it's not bothering me. Like thinking the music has stopped playing because I inserted earplugs or that the elephant has left the room because I put a bag over my head.

But I'm learning that when I ignore my feelings, to get my attention, the music plays louder and the elephant becomes destructive. Perhaps the key to living in "peace" is to simply allow my feelings to become "music to my ears."

Question:
How do you deal with the elephant in the room?

No comments: