Wednesday, February 3, 2010

THE WISE OLD FART - 121/365

"Listening to you gives me gas...I try to hold it back and not pass along my thoughts on the matter but all that ever does is give me a stomachache.

So, I've decided to let you have it...just let it go...get it out of my system. If you don't like it...well...you can always plug your nose, hold her breath or leave the room...take your pick."

My Reflection:

Sometimes I think my life experience entitles me to not only have an opinion but to share it as well. The problem is, an opinion that has not been asked for usually isn't valued - which leads me to think that in spite of all that experience - I too have much to learn.

So perhaps when I feel the urge to express my opinion, I'll remember that practicing my ability to "listen" may be more valuable than the "experience" I'm inclined to share.

Question:
How do you share your wisdom?

Clay Ingredients:
Sculpey Translucent
Holtz Distress Powder (vintage-photo)

No comments: