Tuesday, October 13, 2009

THE "FOREVER YOUNG" WOMAN - 8/365


Oh, thank you.....I like these lips too! I knew the minute I saw them when I was in the plastic surgeon’s office that I just had to have them.


So, when did you get your nose? I love it! I was going for that look too but she got a little carried away - so now I have to go in next week for a touch up. Maybe, I’ll have her add a little to my cheeks at the same time. I was looking in the super-duper magnifying mirror the other day and thought they looked a little skimpy. But, have you heard the latest? You can now do a total face exchange.


I’m going to get mine absolutely perfect so I can get the most for the trade-in.


My Reflection:


I’ll admit it, I’m as vain as the next person. When I had my face-lift at 55 my sister thought I should get psychiatric care. I like taking care of myself; exercise, vitamins, facials and yes, the occasional Botox. But looking in the mirror, I’m wondering when to start the “phasing out process” - you know, what you see is what it REALLY is?


All I can say is... I’m “thinking” about it. I’m aware that sooner or later I’ll have the smoothest face in the world, but will also have the most uninteresting face. Besides, it won’t hide my age because like the “Forever Young Woman”, it will just look like I’m wearing someone else’s face. My mother often says she can’t believe she’s got so many wrinkles. I ask her if she thinks it’s because she’s ninety-five? But, that doesn’t compute for her because, inside her spirit is still young no matter what she may look like on the outside. Maybe that’s why some of us have a hard time. The outside that’s aging doesn’t match the inside.


Question:

How do you feel inside?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is my favorite face. My favorite looking face that is. It really looks like she is real. Which is funny because she is supposed to be the most fake of the bunch. If I were to answer how I feel inside it could take the entire 356 days left. So today.. I feel addicted to the way I look to the world. Part of me feeling comfortable in my skin outside my home is knowing I look good. Sometimes I really don't care and other times I try and buy things to wear that show I don't care as much as I really do. A baggie sweater or oversize jacket can look good but still cover up the insecurities I have. I've started noticing age defining spots and lines that scare me. I'm 4 years into my thirties and so scared of turning 40. That was really the age of old when I was younger. There is pressure at 40. Eggs are too old, breasts are too saggy, and my body will start to be doing things it's never done before (like stop metabolizing food) Ahhhhhh....Oh no! I'm completely stressed out now. :o)