Friday, November 13, 2009

THE COOL GUY - 39/365

"Why should I take these sunglasses off? I like the fact that you can't see my eyes. Why do you need to see them - they're just the normal color brown...not too big, not too small...you know, just normal.

To tell you the truth, I like the fact that you don't know if I'm looking at you or not. Most of the time I'm probably not - but occasionally, I'll glance your way.

If it makes you feel uncomfortable...well...I guess I'm not sorry. If your comfort was my priority, I wouldn't have them on in the first place now would I?"

My Reflection:

They say the eyes are the windows to the soul and that if you look into a person's eyes when they are talking to you, you can tell if they're telling the truth or if there is more to the story than they are sharing.

But sometimes, I'm just not ready to bare my soul to the public. Sometimes, I'd just like to keep my "soulful" thoughts to myself. I don't cover up my eyes but I wonder if that's what people who wear sunglasses indoors are hoping to accomplish? Are they trying to keep their inner most thoughts to themselves or are they just multi-tasking? Looking around to see who else might be more interesting to talk to while they are pretending to talk to me? If that's the case, is it okay to ask them to take them off?

Question:
What do you think the dark glasses mean?

No comments: