Thursday, November 12, 2009

THE PLEASANT GUY - 38/365

"Isn't it a pleasant day? I love pleasant days - of course unpleasant days are okay as well because on those days you have time to do things you wouldn't ordinarily do on pleasant days. But, there's nothing like a "pleasant" day.

On pleasant days I think of how pleasant everything is and it just gives me a warm feeling all over. I don't understand why more people don't appreciate pleasant days like I do. If they did, we'd probably have fewer unpleasant ones, don't you think?"

My Reflection:

My goal is to always be pleasant but I'm not sure that people remember "pleasant" - do they? People usually remember unpleasant or difficult or gregarious or goofy but they don't usually remember "pleasant."

Now, if I didn't care to be remembered I suppose it wouldn't really bother me would it? Then, "pleasant" would be just fine. But, I'm a little embarrassed to say that I'd like to be "remembered" in some way but the truth is...I do.

So, maybe I've got the wrong goal. Maybe the goal shouldn't be to be more "pleasant" but more "memorable" ....hmmm....so what does that mean?

Question:

"Pleasant" or "Memorable"....which is it for you?


No comments: