Wednesday, December 30, 2009

THE MASQUERADER 86/365

"We've already met - I'm the guy next door. You probably don't recognize me because this is my REAL face - the one you saw last week was a mask."

My Reflection:

I suppose, like everyone else, there are certain thoughts and feelings I try to keep to myself. But that's usually when my face takes on a "mask-like" quality...like an itchy wool sweater I'm not comfortable wearing but would feel even less comfortable going without.

Inevitably, wearing the sweater becomes unbearable and that's usually when I find "unmasking" myself to be a welcome relief from the strain of pretense.

I'm learning that for me, "courage" comes from the willingness to reveal what is hidden and the "confidence" to accept it as it is.

Question:
How do you "unmask" yourself?

No comments: