Thursday, December 17, 2009

THE STOIC EXAMPLE - 73/365

"Go ahead, dress me up in whatever makes you happy...I'm here for your enjoyment. It matters not that you laugh at this contraption on my head - a contraption that others may find humiliating. Instead, I see it as a symbol of my commitment to your pleasure and "commitment" is by far more important than anything one may "feel."

My Reflection:

I sometimes find "values" and "feelings" don't want to cooperate with each other. There are times I am compelled to take action on what I consider to be an important "value" even when I don't "feel" like doing it. On the other hand, I'm not a proponent of ignoring my "feelings."

Perhaps acknowledging "feelings" while understanding "values" will create an environment where they can work together more effectively.

Question:
How do your "values" and "feelings" drive your "actions?"

No comments: