Sunday, January 17, 2010

THE SNEAK - 105/365


"Nothing is going on...nothing is happening. Well, okay... maybe something did happen but I didn't tell MYSELF it was happening so if I didn't tell myself then it as far as I'm concerned it didn't happen."

My Reflection:

To fool myself is the worst kind of betrayal and yet that's what I do when I try and pretend something isn't bothering me. It's like trying to pretend I don't have a headache when my head is pounding or that the fire detector battery isn't beeping. I start out pretending not to notice, then I notice but pretend not to care but in the end, I always end up admitting the truth to myself so I have no idea why I don't just do it in the first place.

Perhaps learning to be true to myself comes from finding the courage to acknowledge the feelings I'm pretending not to have.

Question:
What do you try and keep from yourself?

No comments: