Wednesday, October 7, 2009

THE AVOIDER - 2/365

"I'm resting. Just for a few minutes. Can't I rest a while? Do I always have to be doing something? Okay, so maybe I'm not resting - I'm just hanging out in my own reality for a little bit. It's much easier to do with my eyes closed - that way I don't have to see everybody else's and get all mixed up. I can just stay in here and be content in my own reality.
I AM TOO CONTENT!"


My Reflection:

I realize that sometimes I don't feel confident enough to see another's perspective. There's some kind of fear about that - like I might loose part of myself if I do so it's just easier to stay focused on my own story and find ways of validating my take on the situation. But eventually, all that validating gets complicated and I find myself disconnected from my real feelings and farther away from the truth. In the end, I see that contentment comes from having the courage to look at a situation through someone else's eyes while at the same time, acknowledging my own perspective.

Question:
How do you express your fear or courage?

No comments: