Friday, October 16, 2009

THE POUTER 11/365




"No...


Nothing...


Nothing is wrong...


Fine...


I don’t know what you mean...

I’m fine...


(Silence)


I said I'm FINE...

besides...

you know what you did."


My Reflection:


Sometimes I wish there could be some sort of special radio station that would allow my thoughts and feelings to travel directly into someone else’s head. I used to pout a lot when I was little - usually when I couldn’t do something like go swimming in the middle of winter. I remember my mother saying, “Sue, take that shnubble off your face.” She never asked me why I had it on there in the first place. But perhaps if she had, I wouldn’t have known how to express myself anyway.


It takes a lot to learn the language of feelings - even now, there are times I find myself at a loss when searching for words to describe them. Maybe one day someone will write a “Feelings” Dictionary that would include numerous ways to constructively communicate them.


Question:

What would you put in your "feelings" dictionary?


No comments: