Monday, November 9, 2009

THE CLOWN - 35/365


"I like to make people laugh. If they think I'm funny they won't think I'm stupid - they'll think I'm just "acting" stupid but not REALLY stupid. I don't think I could make it in this world if people thought I was really stupid, however, I don't mind if they think I'm dumb. Dumb means you can't possibly get it right because you don't have the ability to figure things out so, of course, you're going to do dumb things. But stupid? Stupid means you have the ability to be smart but you just do something stupid which means you are REALLY stupid and might as well be dumb."

My Reflection:

Why is it I'm so afraid of looking like I don't know what I'm doing? Is that so terrible? What do I care what people think? Why do they have to think I'm smart? What difference does it really make? And if they think I'm NOT smart, what will happen exactly?

I don't have the answer to these questions - I just ask them because I don't know anyone who wants to look stupid. I don't know anyone who is comfortable doing the wrong thing or saying the wrong thing...well, that's not entirely true. My husband doesn't care. He really doesn't care what anyone thinks. It just doesn't faze him one bit and I'm envious when I think how freeing that must be.

Question:
How stupid are you willing to be?

No comments: