Wednesday, November 11, 2009

THE UNAWARE'ER - 37/365

"What nail? I have no idea what you're talking about. How could there be a nail in my head? WHY, would there be a nail in my head? That's just silly...do you think I would be here talking to you if there was a nail in my head? Would I be smiling if there was a nail in my head? NO... so obviously, there's no nail in my head...it's just you, making assumptions AGAIN!"

My Reflection:

Okay, so a nail in his head is a little over the top...but every time I make an assumption I could kick myself - particularly the times it seems SO OBVIOUS that I "assume" I'm not making an assumption!

What is the saying...."if you smell smoke then there's probably a fire"? I guess if you smell smoke it could be a weenie roast but a fire's a fire...right? Maybe not.

Every time I make assumptions I get into trouble. I always need more information but, of course, I don't know that I need more because I "assume" I have all the information I need. When will I learn...how can I learn...is there something I can do?

What if I ask just one more question...just ONE MORE when I think I have all the answers? Of course the key is to REALLY ask - ask to understand - to gain more information NOT to substantiate my assumption!

Question:
Do you "ask" or do you "assume?"

No comments: