Thursday, December 10, 2009

THE SMALL TALKER - 66/365

"Did you hear about that sale going on at the mall? I just love a good sale...nothing satisfies me more than seeing a red slashed ticket!

When I'm not at the mall I like to sink my teeth into a good novel. Right now, I'm reading a book about a woman who leaves her husband to take care of a baboon at the local zoo. I just can't put it down...it's a real page turner.

So, what's exciting in your world?"

My Reflection:

Sometimes I think I should wear a sign on my forehead that reads..."out to lunch." That way, I won't be expected to respond to mundane questions or uninteresting conversation.

Or, perhaps the other person is just trying to "connect" - filling in the gaps of my quiet unease and prompting me to remember that withstanding "small" talk, requires genuine interest and the desire to create "bigger" questions.

Question:
How "big" is your talk?

No comments: